Master of Science in Accounting — 100% Online
Advance into Accounting Leadership
Online education that’s affordable, flexible and outstanding
Earn your Master of Science in Accounting while receiving credits toward those required to prepare for Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam and the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) exam requirements. With this online program at Saint Mary’s Univerity of Minnesota, you’ll learn from and network with an expert faculty that teaches innovative courses like forensic accounting, advance audit and tax, and contemporary and emerging issues.
You’ll prepare for career advancement by taking management courses as part of your curriculum. As you learn current, practical strategies, you’ll also master soft skills that can be applied to your work the next day.
No matter what stage of your career you’re in, “what was” isn’t as important as “what’s next.” The esteemed faculty of Saint Mary’s University is forward-thinking in developing curricula that give you the skills to compete in today’s workforce and excel in tomorrow’s.
CPA Exam Prep
CMA Certification Prep
Download a FREE Program Brochure
It’s packed with program details, courses and more. To get yours and speak with an admissions advisor about financial aid, complete the form below.
Note: All fields required.
A Professionally Developed Curriculum
Developed in collaboration with Certified Public Accountant (CPA) partners and Chief Financial Officers (CFO), the program goes beyond a mastery of core quantitative abilities and focuses on the skills required for advanced managerial roles such as communication, ethical leadership, and strategic management.
Preview just a few of the courses in the online M.S. in Accounting program:
Online Convenience, On Point Outcomes
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is committed to providing excellence in education beyond the borders of the campus. You want to excel in your profession and to maximize your career, all while maintaining family and work responsibilities. In an increasingly digital world, Saint Mary’s online programs are offered in an easy-to-use format that allows for flexible scheduling and provides you with leading-edge knowledge and valuable credentials.
A Prosperous Career in Steady Demand
CPA starting salaries are generally at least 10-15% higher than non-CPA accountants. Salary differentials may be even higher for positions in public accounting firms. Over the course of a career, the average CPA will earn $1 million more that counterparts without CPA designations.1 Employment for accountants and auditors is projected to grow 7 percent from 2020 to 2030.2
Median Income for Accounting Professions
- Accountant/Auditor $73,5602
- Budget Analyst $78,9703
- Financial Manager $134,1804
- Financial Analyst $83,6605
Enriched by the Catholic, Lasallian heritage, Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota awakens, nurtures, and empowers learners to ethical lives of service and leadership. The Saint Mary’s University community, together and by association, is dedicated to quality, diversity, accessibility, social justice, and sound stewardship in all its endeavors.
Download a FREE Program Brochure
Sources and Disclaimer
- Salary.com, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Salary in the United States. Retrieved from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/certificate/certified-public-accountant-cpa-salary.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Accountants and Auditors. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/accountants-and-auditors.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Budget Analysts. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/budget-analysts.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Management Occupations. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/home.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Financial Analysts. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-analysts.htm.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org.