Online M.A. in Health and Human Services Administration and Certificate Programs
Online education that’s affordable, flexible, and outstanding
Download a FREE Brochure
It’s packed with program details, courses and more.
$700Per Credit Hour
Eligiblefor Financial Aid
The Compassion to Care. The Confidence to Lead.
Channel your passion to help others by developing the skills to lead in health and human services and face the complex day-to-day and strategic demands of helping others. The Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota online M.A. in Health and Human Services Administration program provides an optional four-credit practica to prepare you for licensure as a Nursing Home Administrator in Minnesota.*
Whether you have an interest in the field or you’re already working in health and human services, you can build your skills and deepen your perspective. You can also earn a one-year Healthcare Administration graduate certificate which can be taken alone, or you can apply your credits toward the M.A. in HHSA degree.
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- Accredited by the Minnesota Board of Executives for Long Term Services and Support (MN BELTSS).
- Ranked No. 3 in the “Best Value” category among all Regional Universities in the Midwest— and No. 1 among all Minnesota universities in this category — according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2022 ratings.1
Gain Skills with this Graduate Certificate
Get the focused training you need to lead in a variety of healthcare settings. During this one-year Healthcare Administration Graduate Certificate program, you’ll learn the fundamentals of modern health and human services delivery and study topics like health policy, finance, and administration to advance your career. These certificate credits can be applied toward the M.A. in Health and Human Services Administration degree.
Enriched by the Lasallian Catholic heritage, Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota awakens, nurtures, and empowers learners to ethical lives of service and leadership. The Saint Mary’s community, together and by association, is dedicated to quality, diversity, accessibility, social justice, and sound stewardship in all its endeavors.Request Info
Online Convenience, On Point Outcomes
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is committed to providing excellence in education beyond the borders of the campus. You want to excel in your profession and to maximize your career, all while maintaining family and work responsibilities. Saint Mary’s online programs are offered in an easy-to-use format that allows for flexible scheduling and provides you with leading-edge knowledge and valuable credentials.
Undertake Innovative Coursework
When you complete the Health and Human Services Administration degree or 12-credit Healthcare Administration Certificate program, you’ll be a leader who’s ready to meet the complex and constantly changing needs of health and human services organizations. Faculty members call on their professional field experience to provide you with relevant knowledge and skills.
Preview just a few of the courses in the online program:
Thrive in Many Professional Settings
Healthcare is one of the fastest growing fields in the U.S., according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics. Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to work in a variety of settings such as:
- Multi-specialty medical groups
- Health systems and hospitals
- Health plans
- Device manufacturers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Long-term care centers
- Home care and hospice agencies
- Federally qualified clinics and veterans services
- Nonprofit health-related agencies
Download a FREE BrochureRequest Info
Source and Disclaimers
- U.S. News and World Report L.P., Best Colleges Rankings, Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota. Retrieved from https://www.usnews.com.
*Program Accreditation and State Licensure:
- Minnesota: The M.A. in Health and Human Services Administration program is accredited by the Minnesota Board of Executives for Long Term Services and Support (MN BELTSS) as meeting education requirements for Nursing Home Administrator licensure in the State of Minnesota. The program is designed to prepare students to take the Minnesota Nursing Home Administrators licensing exam. Students who wish to pursue licensure as a Nursing Home Administrator in Minnesota must complete the appropriate program pathway, meet the state’s practicum requirements, and pass state and national exams.
- Other States: This program is not designed to lead to licensure in states outside of Minnesota. It is the responsibility of individual students to verify requirements with their state licensing board and with the National Association of Examiners of Long Term Care Administrators Board (NAB) http://www.nabweb.org/state-licensure-requirements.